Saturday, April 3, 2010

Finding your niche.

For me, one of the hardest things to do has been to find my niche in photography. I still haven't done it, in fact. There are so many different ways to shoot so many different types of subject matter and I feel like I'm trying them all.
Today, I was touched by this slideshow of photos. Great photos that are part of a bigger emotional story.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have this - paparazzi at their worst.

If there was to be a heirarchy of photography based on importance, I'd like to think that the first link above would be higher than the second link.

I think about this today as I get ready to shoot a record signing at a local record store. The artist in question was just cited for public indecency during a video shoot at the grassy knoll last month. Today, her story is the most popular story on cnn.com.
I was hoping to get some nice portrait shots of the artist, but I'm wondering if it won't end up being a frenzy like the Bullock link above...

No comments: