Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Descender at the Fair


Descender at the Fair
Originally uploaded by d double u

As I've mentioned before, I love shooting at the State Fair, so when one of my favorite local bands wanted to do promo shots at the Fair, I jumped at the chance.
I'm not sure we got exactly what they were looking for, but we had a good time trying! The band wanted shots that showed a crowd as a blur, with the band in focus in the middle. In order to do this in camera like I wanted, it meant the band had to stand still for a long exposure shot. The guys were troopers as we spent about an hour taking photos that had them standing perfectly still for anywhere from 8 to 20 seconds at a time. An on-camera flash through a Ray Flash adapter filled in the foreground and helped freeze the band.

All in all, a fun shoot and I look forward to working with the band again in the future.

No comments: